Hello From Florida!

Trina Marie Azevedo

Trina Marie Azevedo

Hi my name is Trina and my boyfriend and I our planning our very first (civilian) backpacking trip in late May / early June to Glacier National Park, Montana. I would love to know if any of you have any experience/advice for us. We were both in the Marine Corps so we did a lot of hiking and field operations with them but it was a little different that what we're embarking on now (we were with A LOT of people, we had all sorts of free military gear issued to us, we were in flat lands mostly that were ALWAYS used for field ops, we had our food provided to us and we had little to do with the logistics of it). We plan on going backcountry camping and hiking for about 5 days. Would love to hear about your experiences!

Hi Trina:

Glacier and the Crown of the Continent is a global treasure, you are going to love it. Thank you for your service. Welcome to Trailgroove. This is a wonderful place, enjoy

John

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome Trina! Would definitely suggest a few trips close to home to get everything and the different gear ironed out before the big trip...Glacier is a beautiful place! Sounds like snow and campground closures would be an issue at that time of year, lots of great info here:

http://www.nps.gov/glac/planyourvisit/backcountry.htm

Let us know if there's anything we can help with along the way!