Hello from Texas

Leigh

I backpack mostly in AR during the fall/winter/spring, because it's close, then try to make at least one trip out west in the summer. I also canoe, and am heading to northern MI to paddle with friends next week. I'm in education, so I have summers off. I know I'll be desperate to get out of Texas when I return, so looking at options for the end of summer.

I really like the format of the magazine, and the stories are great! Really enjoyed The Drive Home, Not Expected! Thanks for your efforts! I've shared the site with our local forum.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Hi Leigh,

Welcome to the site and thanks for the comments - We really appreciate it! Sounds like you have a pretty good arrangement for getting some trips in this summer. I was able to do a little backpacking along the Ouachita Trail in the past and really enjoyed the area. We've also explored norther MI and the U.P. via trails on foot but I will admit that on more than one occasion the thought of a canoe crossed our minds as we hiked next to cool flowing rivers on hot days... :D Have a good trip next week and thanks for stopping by!

Welcome to the forums! And I agree with Aaron...nice set-up on having the summers off for hiking! Anyway, enjoy your upcoming trip!