10 Most Amazing "Common Man's Hikes" in America

ucfgrad1

KWH: I appreciate that. I will have to follow up on the section of the AT you mentioned. Question though: How close is that to 77 going south? We are many times going back and forth between Orlando and Cleveland with my family. Is there a strip of that which could be hiked in a few hours (that's all they might have patience for), which is relatively near the freeway to get back and keep heading south/north? I will have to follow up on several of those that you mentioned though! Eventually, when I am traveling by myself I will just make a full day stop on that section of the AT. My fiance also has family in NC in Franklin, so we have made several trips there. Is the strip of the trail near Franklin (for anyone who has completed it), relatively doable, even by my standards?

And that's awesome! I will keep Handies, Yale, Shavano and Huron in mind then. North Maroon and Crestone as well, but I'll probably try one of the others first.

I wish I could help with directions. I actually live in Missouri. I interned in Maryland for eight weeks, though, so I was able to get out and do some great hikes. The picture posted is around the Harper's Ferry, West Virginia area and is definitely doable in a dayhike. Sorry I can't really remember more details, it was a few years ago.

I wish I could help with directions. I actually live in Missouri. I interned in Maryland for eight weeks, though, so I was able to get out and do some great hikes. The picture posted is around the Harper's Ferry, West Virginia area and is definitely doable in a dayhike. Sorry I can't really remember more details, it was a few years ago.

No worries! I will definitely do some more research into those places. If anyone has any other ideas to add feel free!