• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aaron Zagrodnick

• AdventureMyk

• John B

• tmountainnut

AdventureMyk

Thanks! Just checked and yep, it's there! I can't remember if they send a check or it's an in-store credit?

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

You can use it online (When you check out you'll have the option to apply the dividend) or in a store. You can also get cash or a check, but I think you have to wait until July for those options...I've honestly never tried:

https://www.rei.com/membership/dividend

Usually I pick up some gear I've been waiting on, or use the dividend towards resupplying on food / trail snacks / etc. if I don't have anything in particular I need. I'd imagine there will be a 20% member coupon arriving shortly as well.

The Sea to Summit pads look nice indeed.

My wife's neoair sprung a leak after a few years.

The good: Cascade designs replaced it with a brand new one.

The bad: The new design is tapered mummy style. Broad in the shoulder and narrow in the waist. Not really fitted for my wife (and most women I imagine).

So time for a new sleeping pad for her. :)

AdventureMyk

Yep, checks or cash are in July 1st and beyond but no worries, mine isn't that much. I love the idea of the new Sea to Summit comfort plus (double layer insulated) but they didn't have them in yet at my REI. It seems Asheville, NC gets lots of higher end items like the Western Mountaineering, etc, but the Knoxville location where I live is a bit too new for it.

I'm just glad we have one now. :)

I love the idea of the new Sea to Summit comfort plus (double layer insulated) but they didn't have them in yet at my REI.

Does anyone know if the Ultralight version will still have loft like the comfort plus if it springs a leak? I'm wanting to pick up the ultralight, but wasn't sure. Getting it either way, just curious.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Looks like the ultralight is just a single layer, but it sounds fairly tough with the 40 denier face fabric and they include 6 self-adhesive patches plus a spare valve insert should things go wrong, so hopefully a little peace of mind there. :D

Have been using the Exped SynMat UL7 and it's great, but the STS pads do look interesting to me especially the ultralight insulated version:

http://www.rei.com/product/882037/sea-to-summit-ultralight-insulated-sleeping-pad

I'm on the fence to some extent regarding the 2" thickness with the Sea to Summit however, (My Exped is 2.8") but it's definitely a different design approach so in practice it might just be something you have to try. I also like Sea to Summit's valve design (Have one of their Aeros pillows) and the antimicrobial treatment inside is a great idea. I'm a fan of rectangular pads, but on the wider 25" versions I do usually find I end up with more room than I need at my feet so perhaps the Sea to Summit in a large could work...And weight wise if falls right between my two Exped pads while being a bit warmer. The Exped SynMat Hyperlite should be out soon as well...Another mummy shaped contender.

AdventureMyk

The Symnat UL7 is what I planned to get before tripping into a deal on a pair of Big Agnes Insulated Air Cores. The 78" Big Ag works perfectly for me and doesn't need to be any wider than the normal 20". The more I look at them, the more I'm liking the Comfort Plus and the dial a comfort idea. I, too, use the Aeros pillow and LOVE the design. Three breaths to fully inflate, lay down, keep a finger on the adjust valve, nestle into it, tap button a few times, and snooze city... The fast inflate/deflate alone will have me selling the nearly new Big Agnes pads. They take forever to air up or down.