Who Is Getting Out This Weekend- Columbus Day

ADKinLA

I am stoked this weekend as I found a little utilized part of the Santa Monica Mountains National Rec area. Its about 13 miles roundtrip but I am totally down especially given the light traffic. Sadly, I still have no idea if I have Monday off but if I do, definitely will hit up another trail.

Where are you guys getting out to?

I'm heading up to Marlette Lake in Tahoe for the Aspens. 9 miles RT. Wanted to go to Lundy Canyon on Tuesday by Lee Vining for awesome all color but can't get it worked out. So we'll climb up to the meadows above Horsethief Canyon by Hope Valley for fall color.

Was able to do Lundy Canyon in the Inyo Natl Forest/Hoover Wilderness after all. Great colors..not a whole lot of the pumpkin orange aspens yet though. I highly HIGHLY recommend eating at the Whoa Nellie Deli located in the Mobile Gas Station at the corner of Hwy 395 and Tioga Pass.

Great podcast...and every word of it true. I had the fish tacos. One has ginger coleslaw and one had mango salsa. And, OH!, the key lime cheesecake. Yes, pricey. Yes, to die for. My friend had the freshly grilled swordfish burger. Another swears by the Tri tip salad. Lobster taquitos? I kid you not. Oh yeh!!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Wow, that sounds like the ultimate post-hike meal! Or really anytime for that matter... I am especially jealous after eating off the dollar menu tonight... :D