Favorite GORP Recipes

kwhowell

I'm heading out on a ten day trip next month and it dawned on me when I was putting my food plan together that my typical GORP recipe may get a bit old after munching on the stuff for that many days straight. I was hoping some of you might share your favorite GORP recipes? I usually just mix Craisins, M&Ms and almonds so anything will be more exciting than that. 

Thanks for the suggestions!

You're going about it all wrong! 

Start with a half cup of dark chocolate M&Ms.  Then add a half cup of nuts--could be almonds, pecans, peanuts, walnuts, etc.  Then add a half cup of dried fruit:  raisins, craisins, currants, etc.  Then add 1/4 cup of whatever else appeals to you at the time, from candied ginger to more of one kind of nut, or a different fruit. 

That's one batch.  Taste it.  If it's too sweet, add nuts.  If it's not sweet enough, add fruit. 

For the next batch, start with a half cup of dark chocolate M&Ms.  Then add a half cup of different nuts.  Then add a half cup of  differnt dried fruit.  Then add 1/4 cup of whatever else appeals to you at the time, from candied ginger to more of one kind of nut, or a different fruit. 

That's a second batch.

For a week-long trip we make at least three different batches.  And as we eat through them, we also begin to mix them together when they get low.  Every day we get to choose which one sounds good to us---and they are all good!

• Like 1