New Trail Groove subscriber from Middle Georgia

angelfire

I love ultralight backpacking! There are quite a few backpackers here in Middle Georgia, despite our complete lack of trails. I'd love to hear from other Middle Georgia backpackers!

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Welcome to the forum angelfire!

shotgunpapa

Hello and welcome I am in Adairsville Ga. I'm happy to see more folks from Georgia on here i hike mostly in the north Georgia mountains around Cohutta.We have lots of great trails here. If you haven't hiked them give it a try. Happy trails.

Thanks, Aaron and shotgunpapa! We hike mostly in West Georgia (Pine Mountain Trail) and North Georgia because there's not much here. We have been section-hiking the AT and are now ready to do the Smokies section. There are so many great trails in the northern part of the state, not to mention western NC! My favorite trail is whatever one I happen to be on at the time!

shotgunpapa

I plan on hiking part of Pinhoti trail in September if all goes well. Me and my wife just hiked Keown Falls trail it was fun for me my wife said never again. She is not a outdoors gallery.

6 hours ago, shotgunpapa said:

I plan on hiking part of Pinhoti trail in September if all goes well. Me and my wife just hiked Keown Falls trail it was fun for me my wife said never again. She is not a outdoors gallery.

We have only day hiked on the Pinhoti Trail. We hiked John's Creek/The Pocket/Keown Falls in 2014. Nice area! One of my all-time favorite areas that is close to the area you just mentioned is Pigeon Mountain! We go there at least once a year. There are two very nice waterfalls, a wildflower boardwalk, miles and miles of trails, a blue-hole spring, two caves, a long line of cliffs for rock climbing, and a fabulous bouldering area. You can also hunt there and ride horses there. And there's a great locally owned restaurant out in the middle of nowhere at a crossroads. I just don't know of any place more versatile than Pigeon Mountain.  

shotgunpapa

I did not know about that i have done some hunting on the W.M.A.

I will check that out thanks for telling me about it.