Article: Issue 1

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Feel free to sound off here. You'll need to Register before you can comment.

Edited by Aaron

• 2 months later...

Another great looking issue! The pictures are wonderful! Are these done by you and Jen? Anyway, I have "flipped" through it and read bits and pieces but plan to come back and go through it more thoroughly. I like the tip on the ti stakes at the beginning and have actually done this myself. but I have been pretty lucky so far and have not lost any of them so far... And it is cool that you reviewed the MT110 shoes as a buddy was just talking to me about some of them tonight, so I referred him to the online magazine! I also have a pair of the MLD mitts but have recently picked up a pair of the ZPacks rain mitts to replace them (they are lighter... :) )

Anyway, thanks again for another great issue! I can tell that a lot of time goes into this and I appreciate you taking the time to do this and sharing it with us!

~Stick~

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks Stick! We really appreciate you stopping by to take a look. Jen and I have indeed produced all the content up to this point for both issues, and then everything is assembled into the magazine in-house as well. We've been working with some great folks from the community on content they'd like to share however, so if everything works out it's looking like we'll be able to start rolling this in starting with issue #3, and we're always on the lookout for more!

Almost forgot, I've had my eye on those Zpacks mitts as well... :D

• 1 month later...

SO far I read only the first issue and I was very impressed by it! I have been a subscriber to a very popular hiking magazine for a few years now and have recently made the decision to stop it based upon material that was repetitive and drawl. I found I was being sold more "stuff" than informed of good things. The reviews I read in your first issue literally answered the questions I was mentally pondering and that is rare. Job Well done. Lastly I wanted to compliment the writing. I am a person who loves to write and try and find ways to speak to the person reading and not speak at them. I found the writing in your magazine to be like a conversation and easy to read. The article about hiking with dogs was great especially because I also have a heeler. I will be making sure to recommend to my friends that they check out what you guys have to offer.- Brian

I very much agree. I also love to write and appreciate the conversational style of Trailgroove.

In addition, I'm a several decade veteran of hiking with my dog, and find it especially enjoyable. So the content is just what has driven me for a long while.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Brian & Gary, thanks for the comments - Highly appreciated! We're really glad that you've enjoyed the magazine and thanks for checking it out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

One seems to learn a lot just by putting one foot in front of the other. :D

Aaron,

Thought I would pass on this late responce to Issue #1....

I originally became interested in hiking/backpacking with my dog by first reading "Taking Your Dog Backpacking" by Alan and Joann Riley, pub. 1979 by T.F.H. Publications. I still have my first edition hardback copy, and believe you can still find it at Amazon. Some of the ideas in the book are outdated, but I treasure it as it got me on the trail with my dog! It also features Newfoundland dogs, which is the breed my wife and I raise. Hiking with a giant breed dog can be difficult, but it's very rewarding also!

Feel free to sound off here. You'll need to Register before you can comment.