How do you carry your DSLR and extra lenses?

Chris Smead

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

No problem. Actually just weighed the MultiPack with everything in it from my last hike and I'm at 39.5 ounces, but sometimes I'll throw a light lunch / snack in there as well..and I could remove all the aforementioned cleaning supplies and put them somewhere else if needed to save a little weight. (usually a camp task I find anyway)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Chris Smead

Update:  I got my multipack and it's absolutely perfect!!!  I tried many different products:  A Cotton carrier shoulder holster, CC hip belt holster, a LowePro top loader, a peak designs clip, and 2 different weird brand neoprene covers.  All were horribly uncomfortable for my 3lb camera.  The zPacks multipack blew them all away.  Super comfortable on my chest, much less bulky, waterproof, lighter, and a really flexible design with all the different mounting options.

The one option I haven't tried yet is the cotton carrier chest mount.  Maybe one day I'll give that a shot. But for now I'm more than happy with the multipack.

Full disclosure, zPacks is one of the sponsors for my backpacking YouTube channel, (YouTube.com/hamsterfish) and I received the pack for free.

With sponsored gear I'm always nervous, because if I don't like it, it would be an awkward conversation for me to say "Thanks but I don't like it and won't show it in my videos".  Hence why I started this thread to gather more insight first.  Luckily in this case the multipack truly blew me away!!   Thanks guys for the input! 

Trailgroove is awesome, and I expect I'll be checking out your forums more often. :)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Glad to hear it worked out for you Chris, one of those simple items that's everything you need and just seems to make things easier!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Just as an update to this topic and for more info on the MultiPack and techniques for carrying camera gear on the trail in general, I wrote this post previously going into more detail on the setup and all the photo gear that I find useful, etc. :

https://www.trailgroove.com/blogs/entry/125-lightweight-photo-gear-and-carrying-a-backpacking-camera/