DriDucks Ultra Lite 2 Rain suit

Jason

Jason from Oklahoma

Hi Jason

I too have a pair of these. Mine are the Large size and weigh in at 10oz for top and bottom. I have used em twice in the last year. Easily fits over base layers as a shell layer. Saw reviews of other having the crouch area ripping, but I have yet to experience this. Try to avoid contact with sharp items. These are not stick friendly. I also found that duck tape will pull off the outer coating. So far these have been great. Lightweight and durable for the cautious hiker. I got them for a thru-hike of the OT in Oklahoma and reducing weight was an issue. Now have my base weight down to 15. ;) Plus at the price they are easily replaceable.

Thanks for the info Jason...I was unsure about the weight....can't help but to trust a guy with a name like yours. Ha!...gonna hit the smokies in may, got a hunch they'll be put to good use.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Nice look! I also recently picked up the Ultra Lite 2 Rain Suit as well as the DriDucks Ultra Light Poncho...haven't had too much time for testing with the weather here (Snow) but both are definitely lighter than my normal Marmot Essence Jacket / GoLite Reed Pants combo. On the downside they both arrived with a small hole along the crease / fold...so far however, a bit of tape as a patch seems to be holding up well. The Poncho doesn't offer quite as much coverage, but might be my choice for summer on-trail trips with a sunny forecast...

I've had good success with DriDucks. I have had a couple pair of the pants rip when caught in brush but a quick patch with some duct tape can usually make them usable until getting back to the trailhead. Considering the price, I think they offer a good protection even when factoring in their lack of durability.

Ive been considering using just the pants with my golite poncho....but that would we way hevier than just taking the driducks jacket....haha.( I laugh at myself cause sometimes thats how I think) could prob just eat a fiber 1 bar for the same reduced weight results. :rolleyes: