Snowshoeing at Barnes Corners NY

Kai Winters

Kai Winters

Hi all,

I'm a new member to the TrailGroove forum and thought I'd share some pics of our, my wife and I, recent snowshoe hike on "The Tug" yesterday. We have always enjoyed taking walks in the forests and have done so for decades but they were just walks as I spent all my free time as a bicycle racer in the Northeast.

Now that it is the two of us and I've retired from the racing scene I have more free time and we decided to start "hiking" last year. We are having a great time and as my wife's fitness increased we decided to start snowshoeing this winter. We are having a great time, have made some new friends through the Tug Hill Tomorrow Land Trust https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tug-Hill-Tomorrow-Land-Trust/300904995612 and have seen the forest/woods in a totally new and different, to us, way.

This was a nice 3.3 mile loop with a few short climbs starting at the trail head in Barnes Corners NY.

Enjoy

135_zpsc7abbadf.jpg

118_zps8019f8ab.jpg

074_zps86f20d53.jpg

061_zpsa2d9435f.jpg

047_zps22a1ab79.jpg

Kai,

Looks like you had a great time, and I love the photos! You got to hike what I call a "winter wonderland"!! We had 20+ inches over 4 days last week here in Kansas; we are not accustomed to that much snow.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

We are finishing the two driest months in recorded history I northern Nevada. Our early snowfall start left us with such high hopes for the season. Hopefully, the storm forecast for midweek comes through and DUMPS on us. As much as I am looking forward to hiking in shorts again, am not quite ready to hang up the snowshoes yet.

Kai Winters

I'm ready for spring. It has been a long, snowy and cold winter. I want to see "green" and to hike on soil rather than snow.

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Kai,

Looks like an awesome hike! Hoping for spring sooner rather than later here as well. :D