Issue 7 Released

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Issue 7 of TrailGroove Magazine is now available! Click the preceding link or the cover below to take a look:

In This Issue:

Jargon: Dyneema

TrailTip: Weather Lore

Hiking the Florida Trail

Hiking in Horton Canyon, California

Zion Criss Cross, Utah

PowerFilm USB+AA Solar Charger Review

Goat Rocks Wilderness Loop, Washington State

Gear Mash

Photo Tips from the Trail: Wildlife Photography

Hiking Old(er)

Backcountry Cuisine: BBQ Chicken

The Drive Home: What Lurks Beneath

Over 100 free pages dedicated to backpacking and hiking - Big thanks to all of our readers and contributors for your support and contributions towards the latest issue! If it's your first time viewing the magazine, we suggest starting on Page 1 for viewing tips and tricks. Prefer a different format or want to view the magazine offline? A PDF is also available. (15 MB)

post-3-143508714461_thumb.jpg

Aaron and Jen,

Thanks for another great issue of TrailGroove. I especially enjoyed the wonderful articles on Horton and Zion Canyon; both totally fantastic! The landscape looks almost lunar, or from some far away world.

I guess what intrigues me is the terrain is so different than what I see here in the Midwest. Kansas is like a pool table, slanted upward to the western high prairie. Our highest point here is Mount Sunflower at 4000 feet. Most TrailGroove readers would chuckle at the prospect of “climbing” this “mountain” which is on a flat plain with a prominence of only 19 feet. Yes, I said 19 feet! To complete your picture, Mt. Sunflower (again, our highest point) is not far from the lowest point in neighboring Colorado. I guess on the bright side I can honestly say that I climbed at least one mountain in my lifetime!

As before, Issue 7 has fantastic photography and my favorite, “The Drive Home”, this time complete with some creepy crawlers to finish it off.

A little over a year ago I stumbled across your site while searching for an trail map on-line. Thanks for a years worth of great reading, ideas, and just plain fun.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Thanks guys, glad you were able to check out the latest issue and were able to find some good reading! :D

Thoroughly enjoyed issue 7. Gary's Hiking Old(er) I can well relate to. However, it seems as I get older I also get stronger. Quite happy about that. David Cobbs eye-candy photography once more delights. The Drive Home alternately fascinated me and freaked me out. CREEPY...and probably very cool to witness. I am putting Horton Canyon on my to-do list since its in my neck of the woods. Thanks again for a very nice read and a new hike to look forward to.

TollerMom.......

Growing older IS growing stronger!!!

It's like two sides of the same coin; we grow a bit older, we grow a bit stronger. Any alternative is too scary for me to consider.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Edited by Gary M

• Premium Member

Thanks for all the feedback! Glad you enjoyed the issue and the story of our salamander attack... I still get chills thinking about all the squirming under our tent!

Gary, I've heard from a couple of people how much they loved and appreciated your Hiking Old(er) article. Thanks for sharing that with us all!

Thanks for all the feedback! Glad you enjoyed the issue and the story of our salamander attack... I still get chills thinking about all the squirming under our tent!

Gary, I've heard from a couple of people how much they loved and appreciated your Hiking Old(er) article. Thanks for sharing that with us all!

Hey Jen;

Thanks to you and Aaron for a chance to sound off on some things that mean a lot to me. It's been very enjoyable to be even a small part of TrailGroove. My couple of contributions are a direct result of being positively influenced by what I see on the website. I believe we all need support and inspiration, and TrailGroove helps supply these much needed things.

I'm taking some time off tomorrow, so tonight I'm feeling the great anticipation of a fun hike at Hillsdale Lake.

Thanks again.....

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Edited by Gary M