REI Dividend Release for 2020

Aaron Zagrodnick

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

Looks like it is dividend season once again - with it now officially being March (after a little longer wait with it being a leap year) I gave my account with REI Co-op a check this morning and was surprised to see that the annual dividends are now out! About as early as I can recall, actually. Here's the link where you can check your dividend balance:

https://www.rei.com/membership/dividend

For me I have a few larger gear items I've had my eye on, but don't necessarily need so I just might resupply on a few freeze-dried meals and what have you...but believe it or not the new gear item I'm mostly looking forward to are these new patches for silnylon that should be a nice upgrade for my 2020 tent field repair kit, so I'll definitely be adding those to my cart.

Anyone have any gear they've been looking forward to picking up with their dividend / (presumed to be upcoming) member rewards sale?

• Premium Member

My dividend will be going toward shoes, for me and the kiddo. Trying to decide how much to spend on a child’s hiking shoes when they likely will only be worn for one year.....

• Like 1

most likely a new one man backpacking tent, as I have been pretty hard on my present one (Big Agnes copper spur UL-1) in the past 8 years.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I would imagine it has seen some good usage. Are you planning to stick with another Copper Spur? If I was in the market for a 3 season solo tent (and from REI / would be putting my dividend towards the purchase) the new REI Co-op Flash Air 1 Tent looked pretty interesting to me.

Aaron, I actually went to REI Grand Junction and tested out the Flash Air 1--ultimately decided against it as the denier on the fabric seemed a bit too light.  I'm probably going to go with the REI quarter dome SL-1-----it's identical in weight to the copper spur UL-1, slightly smaller interior square footage but slightly larger vestibule and similar in peak height and basic configuration plus it's $70 cheaper at $299.  

• Like 1