Backcountry Coffee - Video

theonecanoe

theonecanoe

If you're like me, you probably like to start your morning with a mug of hot coffee. For backcountry camping this usually means instant coffee..it's light weight and doesn't taste too bad. But for the best tasting coffee, nothing really beats a fresh brewed cup of java made from fresh ground coffee beans. Here's a short video showing three methods I use to brew real coffee while out in the backcountry:

Cheers Wayne

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bobo Uzala

Hi Wayne - I checked out your video, my method is to use a lightweight, plastic Melitta with a paper filter.

I have a question for any java junkies out there..... Does anyone use coffee creamer? I don't like black coffee and I've tried all kinds of creamer variations. I've tried many types of powdered creamers and don't like any that I've tried. They all seem to give my java a nasty acidic taste. Any suggestions?

If you're like me, you probably like to start your morning with a mug of hot coffee. For backcountry camping this usually means instant coffee..it's light weight and doesn't taste too bad. But for the best tasting coffee, nothing really beats a fresh brewed cup of java made from fresh ground coffee beans. Here's a short video showing three methods I use to brew real coffee while out in the backcountry:

Cheers Wayne

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I have a question for any java junkies out there..... Does anyone use coffee creamer? I don't like black coffee and I've tried all kinds of creamer variations. I've tried many types of powdered creamers and don't like any that I've tried. They all seem to give my java a nasty acidic taste. Any suggestions?

Not a big fan of black coffee as well and I use instant milk on the trail, would that possibly work in your case?

Not a big fan of black coffee as well and I use instant milk on the trail, would that possibly work in your case?

- Hmmmm, it might! Now how about a shot of Kahlua with that coffee? :o