Ricketts Glen State Park

Bobo Uzala

Ricketts Glen is a State Park in Pennsylvania and also a National Natural Landmark, known for its old-growth forest and 24 named waterfalls along the Falls Trail of Kitchen Creek. Ricketts Glen resides within 3 counties (Sullivan, Columbia, and Luzerne) and is accessible most easily via PA Routes 487 or 118. There is no camping along the Falls trail as it is for day use only. However, there is a large campground in the State Park.

Here are a few photos of some of the spectacular waterfalls. If you are planning on checking out some places in Pennsylvania, Ricketts Glen is not to be missed.

post-928-143508720054_thumb.jpg

Delaware Falls

post-928-143508720069_thumb.jpg

Shawnee Falls

post-928-143508720077_thumb.jpg

Mohican Falls

post-928-143508720093_thumb.jpg

Ganoga Falls

post-928-143508720107_thumb.jpg

Tuscarora Falls

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bobo Uzala,

Goodness Gracious Great Waterfalls!!

I mean, really, who doesn't absolutely love a waterfall?

And 24 on one trail? It must be hiker heaven!!!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Kansas- The state with maybe 24 waterfalls in the ENTIRE STATE!

Bobo Uzala,

Goodness Gracious Great Waterfalls!!

I mean, really, who doesn't absolutely love a waterfall?

And 24 on one trail? It must be hiker heaven!!!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Kansas- The state with maybe 24 waterfalls in the ENTIRE STATE!

Hi Gary M - If you ever find yourself in Pennsylvania, look me up and I'll show you as many waterfalls as you have the time!

Hi Gary M - If you ever find yourself in Pennsylvania, look me up and I'll show you as many waterfalls as you have the time!

Thanks for the invite! I've never hiked in the North East or North Central, but I guess you never know what may happen till opportunity knocks.

One of my very early hikes as a kid was in an area north of St. Louis (today it's a protected wildlife area) had a waterfall. I vividly remember taking a winter hike and my amazement in seeing a frozen waterfall. If only I had a camera back then. I did not realize at the time how precious special moments on the trail can be!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

post-135-143508720126_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary M

• 2 years later...
Outdoorsman0827

Ricketts Glen is far from me in Jersey (over 3 hours drive), but it was definitely on my to-do list.  I went there once with a group and boy was it worth it!  There are so many images of waterfalls that I took from that trip - very small ones to the largest one (Ganoga, I think it was).  This is more of a scenic hike, one where you can show friends and have them become jealous of you.  By the time the hike was over, I got a bit tired of seeing waterfalls, but when I uploaded the photos onto my computer,  it was very majestic!  For anyone reading this, if you ever go to (or through) Pennsylvania, Ricketts Glen is definitely one place to visit.

• Thanks 1