Hiker from Idaho

tetonkasey

Hello, my name is Kasey and I'm from eastern Idaho. I'm mostly a day hiker with a fair amount of experience in the Tetons and Targhee National Forest, with usually at least one to two trips a year to the Sawtooths. I am a solo hiker, preferring to set my own pace. I love aspens and bison, waterfalls and wildflowers, and nothing quite gets me going like a pack on my back and boots on my feet.

Hello, my name is Kasey and I'm from eastern Idaho. I'm mostly a day hiker with a fair amount of experience in the Tetons and Targhee National Forest, with usually at least one to two trips a year to the Sawtooths. I am a solo hiker, preferring to set my own pace. I love aspens and bison, waterfalls and wildflowers, and nothing quite gets me going like a pack on my back and boots on my feet.

Welcome Kasey/ Love the photos of the gorgeous. sleek looking dogs! Chocolate Labs or something a bit more exotic? Weimaraners??

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Howdy Kasey, I've been doing a lot of solo hiking lately, really enjoyable. You've been to the places that I need to get to! Maybe I could come out to Idaho and then you could head over to the great Northeast?

Welcome Kasey/ Love the photos of the gorgeous. sleek looking dogs! Chocolate Labs or something a bit more exotic? Weimaraners??

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Gary, those are my kids, Scout and Sage. They are small labs, only about 60 lbs. They are full sisters, just a liter apart. Their mom was a small yellow and their dad was a big chocolate. They love the trails but are masters of the river. They grew up in the Snake River and at one time they were quite possibly the strongest swimmers I've personally witnessed. I see you have Newfoundland in your family. Great dogs! My best friend has a Newfoundland/Great Pyrenees mix and is one of the more intelligent dogs I've come across.

Howdy Kasey, I've been doing a lot of solo hiking lately, really enjoyable. You've been to the places that I need to get to! Maybe I could come out to Idaho and then you could head over to the great Northeast?

Soloing is the best in my opinion. I've been hiking for almost 15 years now but I don't think I can call myself a true hiker until I hit at least a small section of the AT. I am pretty lucky to have all this in my backyard. Every year I meet people from all over the country/world who come here to hike where I get to spend my free time. The Grand Teton is the most beautiful mountain in the United States in my opinion.

Soloing is the best in my opinion. I've been hiking for almost 15 years now but I don't think I can call myself a true hiker until I hit at least a small section of the AT. I am pretty lucky to have all this in my backyard. Every year I meet people from all over the country/world who come here to hike where I get to spend my free time. The Grand Teton is the most beautiful mountain in the United States in my opinion.

Grand Tetons are definitely a beautiful range. But, I think my vote would be for Denali. That would be a good thread by itself - What do you think is the most beautiful Mtn range?

When I find myself group hiking I sometimes yearn to be soloing. Yet, when I'm solo I think of the benefits of camaraderie - it's all good, Kasey Jones.

They are a fantastic pair to look at. I thought they were labs, but sometimes photos are a bit deceiving. I've had a couple of (black) labs before we got into Newfoundlands. Labs just might be the number one dog in America today. They are really well rounded, good at about everything with few problems. My oldest son picked out one at the shelter we named Jimmy who was a great companion for my kids. Jimmy lived with us for about 15 years and was king of our back yard deck!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas