Baking experiment before leaving for a Big Sur camping trip

jeepingetowah

jeepingetowah

I am on the porch trying to make sure that all my techniques that I have developed up to this point are not going to fail me when I get out on the trail and I really want a muffin.

I am baking a muffin within what I consider to be a very refined system. I am going to give you the specs, then some pics.

Snow Peak 700 Titanium

TrailDesigns Caldera Cone Ti Tri ULC for SP 700

REI Long handle spoon that holds up the cookpot

MSR Titan Mug

Vegetable bag from local grocery

Muffin Mix

Water

BRB...

Jarrett.Morgan

That is an interesting set up. I am a little confused how the spoon holds everything together. Anyways, how did the muffin turn out? I'd never think to use a veggie bag from the store to cook anything in.

• 2 weeks later...
jeepingetowah

@Jarrett - So the cookset comes with 2 titanium stakes that are supposed to vary the height of the cookpot. If you see the holes in the screen, they are on both sides. But during the AT trip, we decided that if we both had spoons, it would work that the holes for ventilation would allow 1 of the spoons to hold the cookpot. We were getting down to the bare minimum of what we needed. We sent everything home, we brought too much like many do.

The muffin turned out great. I apologize that I did not take any decent photos. But here it is on the plate afterwards. Because the steam is doing the baking and the muffin has no ability to really lose any moisture, it just falls apart. So you have to understand it can get messy. But it is Delicious. post-20-143508720965_thumb.jpg