New Year Resolution??

Gary M

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

As far as the plan...still need to get some things written in ink but simply more of every kind of trip from quick day hikes to quick overnights to more extended backpacking and family trips. (Just go!)

As far as the resolution, make all of the above happen and stick to the plan, but with a little less pressure on the destination / miles / itinerary - letting those fall into place on their own with more emphasis on whatever the experience along the way might be. (Just relax!) :)

• 2 weeks later...
On January 3, 2016 at 5:23 PM, seano said:

I hear you on the dayhike.  If you haven't already seen them, Ediza, Iceberg, and Cecile Lakes in the same area are IMHO more scenic, and you can do a loop from Agnew to Devil's Postpile and take the shuttle back.  I think it's closer to 20 miles, but you'd be fine.

rethinking the day hike now so we can spend more time hiking around amd not worry about catching the shuttle in time.. Now to lighten my load....another New Years Resolution.. LOL

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi... I'm new to the site. I love hiking and I do have a couple of new goals for 2016. First, living in Virginia, we have 36 parks in the state and I would love to hike in at least a third of them this year. That leads me to my second goal.. I am planning a week long hike in September of the AT trail through Shenandoah National Park. I love the SNP and have hiked several trails in there but this year, I am planning to do the whole AT through the park in one week... Should be fun!!