Hi from the UK

kev

Hello all my name is kevin and I have been hiking for about a year now, cant wait to have a look through some of the threads on the forum.

Rgds kev:D

Hello all my name is kevin and I have been hiking for about a year now, cant wait to have a look through some of the threads on the forum.

Rgds kev:D

I couldn't help but notice several new TG readers from the "UK". UK.....is that somewhere in Kentucky?? :rolleyes:

Just wonderin'..............

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas, USA

Bobo Uzala

Isn't that the place where Downton Abbey is filmed?

:o

I couldn't help but notice several new TG readers from the "UK". UK.....is that somewhere in Kentucky?? :rolleyes:

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas, USA

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas, USA

Gary, UK is a long way from Kentucky, being the shorthand for the United Kingdom (officially "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland") i.e. currently England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.

I say currently, as in September, the Scots are voting on independence. If they vote yes, they will become an independent country. Which would mean that those of us who live in England would need our passports if we head to the mountains up there - some of the best in the country in my opinion)!

It also means that I would be married to someone who comes from a different country which isn't the case now!

rig,

Fantastic! I would especially be interested in hearing about hiking/backpacking in Scotland. Of course I probably have a false mental notion in my head, but every time I hear the word "Scotland" I think of the Highlands and mountains in general. The only other thing that comes to mind is I believe Scotland is rather famous for the production of whisky. Sounds like a great country to me!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Scotland is great, lots of wild open spaces and quite different to England. It you want to know what the Highlands are like, I'd take a look at these videos

Each year TGO magazine organize their Challenge, in which fold walk via a route of their choice from the East coast to the West Coast. People are jus beginning to do clips from this year's event, which took place in May. For example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSIQDZcMkko.

Enjoy.

P.S. I'm afraid that I cannot comment on the whisky, as I don't drink, but am told it is excellent.

rig.......................

Wonderful videos, Scotland looks much as I imagined it to look. Fantastic open spaces, rolling hills, probably hasn't changed much over the past several hundred years.

I'm with you, that is I don't drink; but I've been told the Scotts definitely make world class whisky! Everyone has their own wish list, the top of mine includes Scotland and Spain. Both are a long,long way from Kansas, USA.

Long live William Wallace.

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

rig.......................

Wonderful videos, Scotland looks much as I imagined it to look. Fantastic open spaces, rolling hills, probably hasn't changed much over the past several hundred years.

I'm with you, that is I don't drink; but I've been told the Scotts definitely make world class whisky! Everyone has their own wish list, the top of mine includes Scotland and Spain. Both are a long,long way from Kansas, USA.

Long live William Wallace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary M

Olathe, Kansas

Let's just be honest about it..................

What red blooded American male doesn't have a secret desire to don a pair of Kilts and dance a jig to the pipes?

Gary M

Olathe,Kansas (just slightly west of Greater Glasgow)