from Southern Oregon

lonerock

I've lived in several states and cities over the years and enjoyed hiking and backpacking from southern Mexico to the Canadian Rockies. I have lived in and explored the Sierras,Cascades and now the Siskiyous.Best part has been seeing the beauty of nature in so many forms.

I hiked and backpacked between Banff and Jasper in Sept. 1991. Amazing icefields but it sure got cold when the sun went down while I was backpacking. Had to get use to using the cables for hanging my food. Also visited the Stoney Indian Reserve (still have a small dream catcher made by a young girl). Visited Edmonton same visit and stayed at lodge at Lake Louise near Banff (it was my honeymoon). I'VE been back once since 1991. Would love to go again.

Robert

Good stuff lonerock. I just backpacked in the Rockies for my first time this summer. And yup, the nights were quite cool.

And recent trips of memory or special trips planned?

• Premium Member
Aaron Zagrodnick

I've lived in several states and cities over the years and enjoyed hiking and backpacking from southern Mexico to the Canadian Rockies. I have lived in and explored the Sierras,Cascades and now the Siskiyous.Best part has been seeing the beauty of nature in so many forms.

Welcome to TrailGroove lonerock!